I'm going to give this driver a whirl..

banggolf.com/prodgroup.asp?id=W320 … I ordered both the 320cc and 360cc just to test them out with a x-100 at 43.5 inches… Specs aren’t bad at all… 54 degree lie, some bulge and roll, 195 gram head weight… I’ll report later on with results… Cheers. I know it’s not persimmon but looks like you have to put a good swing on it and if I can pick up some yardage and control it, what the heck…

Been a while , sorry… Report… Bombing it with accuracy and great workability… Added some lead tape to the back of the middle of the 360cc to get the weight where it belongs… For 150 bucks a piece, if you’re looking for a modern driver at least comparable to persimmon, don’t hesitate to try… Cheers… The fairway wood at 55 degree lie at 42.5 sits very nice and is very versatile…

When you say an x-100 shaft, just to be clear, is that a metal shaft you installed in the driver? Do you still like the driver? One of the courses I play is at 7200 and 7000 yards and distance is an issue with the woods. I find that drives of 250 - 275 are required on that course. Thanks.

I have an old cobra that is 350 cc and I threw an x300 in it and love it as well. Finished length is 44 inches.

I have one of those, too - a King Cobra deep face. I wonder if there is a way to bend that flat?

Side note - I took that driver to a big box golf store with the intent of finding a new modern driver. After trying a few of the new drivers I went back to hit the Cobra as a comparison and couldn’t hit it solid to save my life. Huge weight and length difference.

I have also wondered if you could get it flatter as well, but I don’t have the equipment or courage to try it…
The hosels do look like someone skilled may be able to adjust them a few degrees though. That is why fountaine’s bang driver sounds pretty nice, because the cobra definitely doesn’t sit at 54 degrees…
But, I haven’t had many issues with hooking the thing since I put a steel shaft in it so I probably won’t worry about it too much

X-100 Dynamic Gold Steel wood shaft… I’m getting it out there 300+ with it, if I really catch one 320ish… … One thing these launch monitors/trackman can’t measure is mass and how solid it’s it… My clubhead speed is slower with the steel shaft, but the ball goes further and much more controlled… Had a few equipment reps scratching their heads. I’ve always hit it longer with steel, I think it has a lot to do with trajectory since I’m naturally a high ball hitter and balloon the frying pans…

Tony

I’ve been training with a persimmon driver I got from Lag, man is it heavy and stiff and I believe the lie is 49*… Haven’t made to curve left yet no matter what… I use it on shorter tight tracks, and when I play a course that requires distance and is more open, I’ll game the Bang driver and it feels like the fairways are a 100 yards wide if that makes any sense…

Thanks Fontaine, I’m having Wishon Golf custom bend a driver head to 52 for me. Its a 919THI, 9 degrees. It has a longer hosel and they claim they can do it. It will have an extra stiff tour ad shaft at 44 inches and D6 swing weight. It’s a full size 460 head which gives me some concern. I also ordered a 12 degree fairway wood with the x100 shaft, D6 swing weight. I love these club fitters, they all look at you like you are crazy when you order something like this.

If this setup is not friendly I’ll try the bang golf head you recommend. I play two courses, one under 6800 yards that is extremely tight. The other is 7200 from the back Tees. On that course I need a big stick for some of the carries.

It’s funny but last year at the shorter course a group of 8 guys played a competitive round with the pro with old equipment only (1950 stuff). Every golfer shot at worst two strokes off their handicap without more than a warmup practice. I was surprised. The equipment industry is a major sham.

I’ll post my results when I get my clubs and the F-ing snow melts. Thanks for your ideas.

My pleasure, you’re on the right track but that 460cc will give you some problems… It’s more of a distance forgiveness thing rather than directional control with the frying pans, which is why tour pros can miss half the fairways and still win… They just don’t seem to cut through the air well like a smaller head with the same weight… The industry is running out of ideas when it comes to Drivers, and that’s a good thing… I had one fitting in my life, but that’s where I got my specs from years ago… He was a senior tour clubmaker/fitter… Probably hit 500 balls to get em dialed in and he had a loft/lie machine right on the range to make adjustments to every club… You won’t find that anywhere… I was 3 degrees flat then and about 5-6 now depending on the OEM standards… The Bang Drivers are springy and you won’t lose any distance, but they set up and feel great and you have to hit the middle of the clubface… Keep me posted… Keep practicing with those persimmons as much as possible… Cheers…

This is the only driver from the titanium age that is even remotely close to Persimmon… No need to bend lie angles… With an X-100 at 43 inches, I haven’t seen the ball go left yet… The matching 3 wood is badass too…

Is that the bang driver?

It is… Soles properly at address… Between the shaft and the lie haven’t missed left yet… Great 3 wood also… If your rotation stalls, it’s going right and it you can feel it before it happens… If Tiger had it in his bag he’d retire in a couple years, no shit, it’s that good of a driver for modern golf balls…

Awesome thanks for the review.
I may have to give it a try. I have been playing a cobra 350 for a while with an x300, but it’s a little upright and they designed it with a closed face I think.
What loft are you gaming? If I remember right they have quite a variety of lofts.
Also have you liked the 320 or the 360 more? I remember you saying you were going to try both

I like the 360cc more… I’ll hit the 320cc when I’m practicing… 10.5 loft… Really nice trajectory and doesn’t balloon and pierces through the wind… Feels nice that I can just set up and be confident it’s going straight or with a little cut… First titanium driver I’ve hit that gives feedback… I’m getting a 12 degree as well to get a little more carry for soft conditions… The standard lie is 54, but they hand picked and found a 53… So much for the theory that it lie angle doesn’t matter in the driver since it’s teed up… I played with some good players and they couldn’t square it up at impact…