Great Equipment Alerts

Nice set of Hogan PCs w/ Apex 4 shafts.

cgi.ebay.com/BEN-HOGAN-PC-3-E-IR … 27b0ad93d3

Hogan Grinds with Apex 4’s. Missing the 7 iron, but in good condition.

Somebody please put me out of my misery and buy these… the driver appears to have a little inside face wear, but maybe not…
Regardless, it’s a damn nice deal!!

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … 500wt_1167

I hope someone here got that set. Was killing me too.

Same thing with this set, and this club.

Here’s some other items that might be of interest:
Hogan Persimmon Model 53 Driver - Beautiful
Hogan PC5 2-9 - I “think” these are PC5’s. Buy it now of $25 makes me sick that I’m not buying these
Hogan Bounce Sole 1+ 2-E Apex 4 - NICE set
Hogan Apex II 2-E, Vector 4
Hogan Apex II 2-E, Apex 4 - Mislabeled as Grind
Hogan Leader Irons 3-E, missing the 8 iron
Hogan Apex Persimmon 4 Wood
Hogan Apex II 2-E - great condition
Hogan Slazenger Wedge
Mizuno Silver Cup Blades 4-PW Stiff - I really like the look of these
MacGregor CF4000 4-11 #1 Shaft - Is #1 shaft stiff for Mac’s?
MacGregor Tourney M85 2-9,11, and similar set
Hogan Cart Bag - white and tan
Wilson Staff Bag in great condition
Goldsmith Bag
Arnold Palmer Bag
Professional’s Burton Bag - I like how it says “Confidence” on the side.
Hogan Tour Jacket, Hat, & Glove - Props to anyone who wears these.

Thanks pavaveda, just bought these today! They sure look like PC5’s to me… :astonished:

IoZ

Great! Let us know how they are, so we (I) can live vicariously.

methinks those are “Percussions”…probably 1967…

you will LOVE "em whatever they are…

bent

Thanks guys, I think I’ll like them percussions. I hope the shafts are stiff too :slight_smile: and will post pics when they arrive.

I had another look at ironfinder.com and if their info is correct the '65-'66 heads have a longer hosel + subtle differences in positioning of the sunburst logo and ‘ben hogan’ signature.

Here is a picture showing the differences: It’s kinda hard to tell but I’m thinking I bought the '65-'66 model.
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9017/percussions.jpg

Look at the Hogan Iron chart at the bottom of this page: advancedballstriking.com/extras2.html

Looks like PC5’s. I’m assuming PC stands for Percussion Center or something similar.

This was all so much easier when the Iron History at the BenHogan.com website was up! Damn you, Callaway!

Percussion = PC5 (Percussion Center) LOL makes sense…who knew???

Damn you, Callaway! you sir, are correct!
bent

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … K:MEWAX:IT

NICE set of Hogan Directors ('80 version) w/ #4 shafts…

Assuming this shaft has been fitted and installed correctly, this is a pretty sweet club and a nice price…

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … 696wt_1149

http://cgi.ebay.com/TIGER-WOODS-IRON-SET-PERSONALLY-USED-HIS-TIGER-SLAM-/280501504800?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item414f314b20

D4…

Gene Sarazen’s irons for sale:

cgi.ebay.com/Gene-Sarazens-1958- … 500wt_1182

Wow :sunglasses: I’d certainly rather have these for $300 than Tigers for $250k!

Wow the Sarazen 58/59 Dynas went for $150 in the end - what an insane world - I am kicking myself! :frowning:

A lovely sets of SS1’s with woods and bag finishing shortly. I believe Jack N played these for a while. Lovely. The 1 indicates stiff flex so for anyone looking for a vintage ABS you could do worse! http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1950s-MacGregor-Tommy-Armour-Golf-Club-Set_W0QQitemZ110534705674QQcategoryZ83043QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m445QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%252BPSSI%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUCI%252BUA%252BP%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BIIUM%252BUCK%26otn%3D20%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8403804739614391190

Yes!
I finally received the Hogan Percussions (PC5), took them out for a spin today and they are great!!!
Thanks again for the alert pavaveda. :sunglasses:
As you can see they do have a few scuff marks on them but the grooves are nice and deep still. What a nice looking, great feeling blade this is!
I must say that I really like the razor sharp leading edges on these irons. I wonder if it is a good idea to strengthen the lofts as this will only make them sharper…

Here are some pics, as promised:

Someone should buy these… original 1950’s
The M85 Eye O Matics are one of the best sets ever made… bid confidently up to $200

cgi.ebay.com/Beautiful-Macgregor … 1e5cdc6816

sand wedge alert…

cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Wilson-Staf … 5888077c2d

These Dyna sand wedges are heavy and excellent… you would use this mainly for SAND play… so don’t worry about worn grooves… your SW "hopefully will
never actually make contact with the ball from the sand!

Steal under $30…

If you don’t like it, I’ll buy it back from anyone for $20!