Grandma Lucy

Letting you all in on one of my secrets: rats eat dog treats!

That’s right. Grandma Lucy’s is a company producing dog treats that are Oven Baked Dog Treats, and taste great, while using all organic human quality ingredients. I eat them all the time.

My favorite is Cranberry and here is a list of the ingredients- organic wheat flour, organic cane sugar, organic palm oil, organic cane juice, organic cranberry powder, organic cranberry flavor, soy lecithin. The company markets the product as all organic, 100% natural, no preservatives, no artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners, free of hydrogenated oils and trans fats, and they are oven baked. They have numerous great flavors, all organic.

Most are quite reluctant at first to try them, as was I, but once you do they are a great snack food. In fact, that’s how I learned about them. I was in a pet store and while standing in the check out line I noticed the cashier grabbing under the counter for a snack food. When I got close enough to see the bag I just had to ask the clerk because I was quite surprised. It seems according to the owner, which I found out later, he has to make sure the employees don’t take too many for personal consumption when a shipment arrives. I think the clerk was eating banana at the time.

They are kind of pricey for a dog treat. about $9.00 for a 14 oz bag, but I reckon a bag or two might just might be headed into my golf bag this summer for on course nourishment and I can have my own version of Dog Day Afternoon.

And no, I do not have a vested interest in the company or in sale residuals.
gl.jpg