Footage of Bradley Hughes

managed to get the final round uploaded. It is in 4 separate parts due to file size…approx 7-8 mins each one…hope it comes out well enough to watch

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic-VWtkx4WA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8ULuv8zUtE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJkOlOP7uK8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCoO_ovBzTU[/youtube]

Thanks for uploading this Bradley - its a great watch. That second shot into 18 in the last round of regulation has got to be one of the best shots I have ever seen. The overhead camera is great for watching its flight too.

Nice one!

Arnie

Super stuff Bradley…thats ABS alright! Your drive on the playoff hole could not have been more in the centre of the middle of the fairway!

I know I have spoken a bit about my swing changing over the years… I thought I would post some videos so you can for yourself how it changed as coaching became involved.

This is from the 1980’s…absolutely zero tuition…you can see my swing DNA and how I felt I had to swing to hit the ball with distance and control…this action came about all by my own practice and feel observations…no video whatsoever…to get back to something resembling this swing is my goal. Had a lot of low scores and good results with this action.
This is pretty much the way Lag remembered my swing to be when we met up again online last year after not seeing or hearing of one another for 15 years or more and started talking about my swing and what went wrong and picking each others brain about golf in general

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cOks__r4QU[/youtube]

you will see on many of these swings

• wide late load
  • big angles being created down into impact
  • lots of module 2 work happening giving me the support needed to swing this way
  • lots of rotation thru and hand speed and right arm extension up into PV5

I never knew why i did these things…all I know is that they worked…the ball liked it and I had control and feel this way

Tuition as I will show you as we progress along took away all these good feelings and made me a mechanical position man without much dynamics in my swing

Lag is the only person EVER who has been able to explain my old action to me and why it was better…and why no coaches teach it… Long Live Lag !!..

What a great watch. Brought back many good memories - the Australian Masters had a similar aura about it to the US Masters, but I haven’t really felt it lately. The last one had a buzz because of Tiger, but I feel something has been lost. Renton and Jack, the camera work, the theme song, the same course.

I hardly recognised Craig Parry, and wow, what a shot into 18!

I really enjoyed watching these videos Bradley. I agree with Arnie on that second shot on 18. Beautiful to watch.

The Real Deal Holyfield! Wow.

A few thoughts:

1. yes, that shot on 18 was sublime. And AA had it right about the camera angle watching that pill drop so cleverly, cozying up there like it did.

2. “…another cracking long iron…” - that was my favorite quote of the commentators. So ABS.

3. obviously, a tremendous accomplishment on paper, particularly looking at the leader board of leader boards going into the last holes. But to see it on video with all the spectators rumbling and scrambling and jockeying for position as Senior made his his last putt at 18 - the gravity of the event came through in a way I can much better appreciate. And I must go back and read TM’s account of the last few holes.

4. I really liked watching Bradley’s intensity while drinking the Sprite as Senior finished up. Talk about "Eye of the Tiger.

5. and, finally, that was an especially strong shirt and I hope it’s framed somewhere…

I also enjoyed the additional swing montage – particularly the non-standard camera views. I think there is one from behind, but on an angle where Bradley has a pink shirt on that is really terrific and shows all the modules in an interesting light.

Thanks for taking the time to put this stuff up - it is inspiring.

CD

CIMG0161.JPG

Early 1990’s

here is another little montage of swings from the early 1990’s…at around the 4.40 mark right after a few swings are shown from the 93 Masters you will start to notice considerable changes… I had time off golf in May/June 1993 and got some tuition for the first time ever really seeing I had a break and had time to work on getting better :imp: :blush:

Straight away you can see by the practice swing…I started getting coached and my late set was taken away…you will notice a earlier set in the backswing…and this then started to take away my 4.30 line coming down as i started to get steeper coming into the ball…this is the start of the change…will add more later

THANK GOD for ABS so I can see what I did, where I headed and where I want to go again…you guys are extremely lucky to be doing these modules…It IS all you will ever need to become the best you can be as a golfer

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmI8gKAc6SU[/youtube]

We’re really privileged to have you here Two. Whatever effort it is taking you to upload these videos, they are much appreciated.

I really like how your pivot always seems to stay well ahead of the club head, even into PV5. There’s no inkling of the club-head rolling over, just as we learn in Modules 3 and 4. I imagine this gave you the power and accuracy to compete at that level.

Keep it coming!

I noticed this on a closeup in the last video – a little M2 protection?
TM shoe cap.jpg

Japanese Foot Joys- for some reason they came with a toe cap?..bit of crazy stuff goes on in Asia (or used to)…maybe a good tool for a bit of foot wedge action from the tress or rough!! :smiley:

Instead of just picking good highlights!!! I decided to make a little video of all the junk shots too…

You will notice a constant pattern with EVERY shot on this video… it was a shot I NEVER used to hit when I played and worked on my own game
I actually played decent enough in these events- couple of runner up’s and top 5’s in all of them I believe–otherwise I wouldn’t have been on TV…but these shots absolutely killed. I lost The Masters twice on the 18th hole with crap cutty drives…1996 (purple shirt) and in 2004 (goatee)
Absolutely hated that weak right shot and it was there time and time again–and it cost my huge on some occasions …I had no idea where it came from until I met up with Lag again and he explained the nuances between my old swing and the manufactured one

As we talked about once I received tuition I ended up having a much earlier set on the way back. I had less upper torso turn and rotation… My swing got more upright. I lost my 4.30 line coming down into impact. I lost my body speed through impact and the arms started flying off the body a little… I folded up into a finish with literally no PV5 extension whatsoever and my entire swing speed dropped a massive amount

Just making those points because apparently I was swinging textbook here- but personally I like my 80’s swing MUCH, MUCH better-- especially when I know what to look for now-- Crazy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5LYbn24M4s[/youtube]

Bit of fun to reminisce…feels like yesterday…thought it may interest a few to see the heat of the battle with Freddie and Davis and my ‘No.1 in the world’ partner…even a bit of talent with the coin toss…Byron Nelson

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kKimukuYPk[/youtube]

Wow, tough draw!

I think I could live happily ever after watching repeats, no new tournaments necessary. Thanks for posting.

Here’s some cool footage…1998… For those who have never been to Augusta…some good views of just how hilly the terrain is in most areas…get to see a few views you may not normally see on television… also shows a glimpse of Par 3 course…the cabins that members use Butler, Eisenhower and such that are rarely seen down the left hand side of 10th tee…magnolia lane…the range and a few of the hackers I played with in practice days!! :smiley: plus a nice pitch action of Seve I got when we were by the chipping green practicing
I really hate my swing from this time period now that I look back on it…just lazy, sloppy, slow. folding…pretty crap really compared to what I had taught myself growing up… I look back on my old swing and view it in an entirely different light now I have reconnected with Lag and understand why I used to swing the way I did and what went horribly wrong by enlisting coaching.
Had to delete the sound as my friends filmed it all and were crapping on in the background- so music had to replace all that as silence seemed too boring…so turn down the sound if the music gets annoying.
Good memories of being there and playing… even though I had no feel with my swing whatsoever that week

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKgSlX3eJ-o[/youtube]

Footage of the 2nd and final day of the Presidents Cup in Lake Manassas, Virginia that I played in back in 1994… not complete match footage because of time constraints on the broadcast …so quite a bit is left out, but a few good looks at different situations and different shots

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/10080823[/vimeo]

Not many people can say they played in the Masters, yet alone with Greg Norman and Raymond Floyd. It will be fun to see you get back out there again.

I came about as close to a Master’s invite as would be possible, being 1 up on Chris Perry at the US Amateur on the 18th green and in for par, then watching to see if Perry is going to make the 30 foot downhill slider with 8 feet of break. If he misses, I get an invite to the 1984 Masters. :imp:

I did get to walk the course a few years back within the ropes and see the course in person up close… pretty amazing in itself.
It’s shocking how much undulation is in the topography that you don’t see on TV.

Just be glad you have that great footage… I’m sure not everyone who has played there in the Masters does.

It will be fun to hear more of your thoughts on the event this year from someone who has played in it…

2 shots from 1989-- pardon the dust and rippled fairway in Scotland
banf.jpgscan0004.jpg